Depression Therapy and Counseling
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Our experienced counselors provide psychotherapy for depression and can help you be yourself again. Contact us today!
Depression is different from person to person, and depression can be so commonplace that we don’t even notice it. Whether it’s a case of the blues that you can’t shake or clinical depression, we’re well equipped to help you get control of your life and start enjoying it again.
Signs and Symptoms of Depression
- Feelings of sadness, despair, loneliness or emptiness which seem never ending
- Feelings of guilt, hopelessness or worthlessness which don’t go away
- Loss of interest or pleasure in former hobbies or other activities, including sex
- Loss of energy, feelings of fatigue
- Loss of sleep, or over-sleeping
- Appetite/weight loss, or overeating and weight gain
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering things or making decisions
- Anger or irritability
- Thinking or talking about death or suicide, or suicide attempts (seek professional help immediately if this is the case)
Our experienced and friendly staff can help you alleviate these symptoms.
How It Works: Treating Depression with Psychotherapy
Depression can interfere with life’s daily tasks. Yet on a daily basis we are pleased to help people change how they relate to their depression and open up new possibilities in life.
Our counselors approach psychotherapy for depression using several general components which, among others, include:
- Focus on strengths
- Make life changes that reinforce depression
- Accepting yourself and depression as a normal part of life
Treating depression with talk psychotherapy can sometimes be done solely with talk therapy, and sometimes we recommend working with a psychiatrist for medication for symptom management. We’ll talk about what your goals are and work together to make adjustments along the way.
Ready to Get Started?
Frequently Asked Questions About Depression Counseling
Frequently Asked Questions
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and forced shutdown of many businesses, we began offering online counseling sessions to new and existing clients in order to better serve the community.
We plan on continuing to offer online sessions even after businesses start to reopen, but clients will have be given the option of meeting with their counselor face-to-face or through online virtual sessions. They will even be able to alternate between face-to-face and online sessions for their convenience.
Keith Miller & Associates Counseling does not accept insurance, however many of our clients submit their own claims for “out-of-network” reimbursement and often receive 40-60% of the expense.
All counselors fees are $180-$240 for 50 minute sessions.
Psychiatry: $450 for 90 minute intake sessions and $200-$300 for follow-up visits.
Sessions with Keith Miller are limited but may be available upon request; $350 for 60 minutes or $265 for 45 minutes.
We have two offices.
One is located in Washinton, D.C. near DuPont Circle, conveniently less than a block away from the Metro station.
Our second office is located in downtown Bethesda, which is a ten-minute walk from either the Bethesda or N.I.H. Metro stations.
|Washington, D.C. Office|
1320 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
8120 Woodmont Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
We Also Provide Counseling For:
- Marriage and Relationship Issues
- Premarital Counseling with Bethesda Counseling
- Drug Treatment with Bethesda Counseling
- Anger Management
- Mind-Body Counseling