Washington DC Anxiety Therapy
Anxiety comes in many forms and is not usually a welcome part of our life. Fortunately, there are many ways to improve how you respond to your anxiety so that you can enjoy life, be productive, have healthy relationships, and boost your creativity.
We are counselors that know how to help you with anxiety in its many forms. Our Washington DC Anxiety Therapy can be the relief you need.
Do You Need Anxiety Therapy?
See if any one of the following apply to you and we invite you to call to set up a free consultation with our Washington DC Anxiety Therapy if you:
- Want to feel more “in the moment,” and get more enjoyment from your activities
- Find yourself having obsessive thoughts
- Feel compelled to engage in unwanted behaviors
- Have panic attacks
- Want to reduce your stress
- Find yourself using more alcohol or other substances to feel calm or quiet anxious or nervous feelings
- Notice physical changes like loss of appetite, weight gain or loss, or have an upset stomach in response to stress
- Are being treated for anxiety by your doctor or psychiatrist
- Exert a lot of effort to avoid certain situations that provoke fear or anxiety (phobia)
- Frequently feel indecisive or miss opportunities because of being too cautious
- Think your worries interfere with work or important relationships
How Our Anxiety Therapy Works
All animals must have the ability to feel anxiety or else they cannot respond to their environment. If you are alive, then you are supposed to be able to be anxious or stressed in certain situations. Humans have a special kind of anxiety, however, because of our brain’s ability to imagine threats and stressors without external stimuli. If you can’t turn this mechanism off, anxiety and fear can become your whole life.
Our Anxiety Therapy in Washington DC can help you discover your body’s natural relaxation response that you can learn to stimulate through regular practice until it becomes part of your memorized set-point.
Take the First Step – Call Washington DC Anxiety Therapy
Call 202-629-1949 to talk to our intake coordinator
Read about our friendly and experienced staff