DC Mindfulness Couples Coaching
CALL FOR VOLUNTEER COUPLES TO BE VIDEO-RECORDED
DURING MINDFULNESS COACHING
Deadline for application: June 13, 2015
Keith Miller is seeking several volunteer couples interested in receiving free couples coaching with him while being video recorded. Keith is a licensed clinical social worker, director of Keith Miller & Associates Counseling, and recent author of Love Under Repair: How to Save Your Marriage and Survive Couples Therapy. As a relationship and mindfulness expert, his consultation fees are normally $350/hr. However, Keith is offering between 4-12 hours of free coaching to couples that may be a good fit for his project.
Purpose of the DC Mindfulness Couples Coaching Project:
This Fall, Keith is teaching a nationally syndicated training course for mental health professionals titled Couples Therapy: Mindfulness, Meditation and Neuroscience. As a volunteer couple, some portions of your conversations with Keith may be used during his presentation to other professionals. Your real names will not be in the presentation or in the video clips used.
The ideal volunteers for the free sessions are:
· A stable married couple, defined as not in immediate crisis of ending the relationship or separation.
· Both committed to improving the relationship.
· Seeking help to improve a relationship issue that has caused disconnection and/or communication
The volunteer couple will receive 4-12 hours of pro bono coaching with Keith:
· To discuss the nature of their relationship concerns.
· To demonstrate how symptoms of relationship conflict can be transformed into opportunities for
building trust, receptivity, openness, caring and connection using mindfulness skills.
· Coaching is based on the Self-Leadership method of mindfulness-based couples therapy (also known as Internal Family Systems Therapy).
· All filming will be done in our offices in either DC or Bethesda.
The deadline for inquiries is June 13th. Contact Keith directly for application details.
keith(AT)keithmillercounseling.com 202-629-1949 ext. 2
All application information is strictly confidential.
Once your application is received, Keith will confirm receipt and let you know within one week if you’re selected to set up coaching sessions (depending on volume of applications, some applicants may not receive free coaching) . Once you’re chosen to participate in the educational project, the next step is to have a phone call consult with Keith followed by a face-to-face meeting together in his office (not recorded) to get to know each other and further discuss how the work together will proceed
Tags: DC mindfulness couples coaching