Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Counseling
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Effective and Compassionate PTSD Counseling
If you are living in Washington DC with post traumatic stress disorder, our experienced counselors can help you. Having someone to talk to about your symptoms is important, but not all types of counseling focus specifically on PTSD treatment and PTSD recovery.
We have PTSD therapy specialists that can help you. Contact us today!
Know the Symptoms of PTSD:
Post traumatic stress disorder is an anxiety disorder that affects people who have experienced trauma. It manifests as uncomfortable or disruptive symptoms such as:
Five Tips for Living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
While you are waiting to come see our Washington DC post traumatic stress disorder counselors, you may want to keep these tips in mind:
- Remember that post traumatic stress disorder is treatable. If you find asking for help scary, you aren’t alone. You can get the help you need by not being ashamed of your condition and the things you may be doing to cope with it.
- Learn about your condition. PTSD is your brain and body’s natural response to highly unnatural stress. It can help to realize that, instead of being flawed, your mind and body is doing what it is designed to do, but needs help re-balancing to a normal flow.
- Consider finding a support group to be able to talk with others who will understand exactly what you are going through with post traumatic stress disorder.
- If appropriate, try to be around others who want to be with you after a traumatic experience. Loneliness and isolation can tighten the knot of stress that you may be feeling and make things worse.
- Think of your PTSD symptoms like a physical injury that sometimes needs to be accommodated until you’re back on your feet. Anticipate that your symptoms will act up from time to time and impair your concentration or make you feel “shaken up.” Use caution operating your motor vehicle or other equipment and let yourself do less without criticizing yourself.
Ready to Get Started?
Frequently Asked Questions About PTSD Counseling
Frequently Asked Questions
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and forced shutdown of many businesses, we began offering online counseling sessions to new and existing clients in order to better serve the community.
We plan on continuing to offer online sessions even after businesses start to reopen, but clients will have be given the option of meeting with their counselor face-to-face or through online virtual sessions. They will even be able to alternate between face-to-face and online sessions for their convenience.
Keith Miller & Associates Counseling does not accept insurance, however many of our clients submit their own claims for “out-of-network” reimbursement and often receive 40-60% of the expense.
All counselors fees are $180-$240 for 50 minute sessions.
Psychiatry: $450 for 90 minute intake sessions and $200-$300 for follow-up visits.
Sessions with Keith Miller are limited but may be available upon request; $350 for 60 minutes or $265 for 45 minutes.
We have two offices.
One is located in Washinton, D.C. near DuPont Circle, conveniently less than a block away from the Metro station.
Our second office is located in downtown Bethesda, which is a ten-minute walk from either the Bethesda or N.I.H. Metro stations.
|Washington, D.C. Office|
1320 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
8120 Woodmont Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
We Also Provide Counseling For:
- Marriage and Relationship Issues
- Premarital Counseling with Bethesda Counseling
- Drug Treatment with Bethesda Counseling
- Anger Management
- Mind-Body Counseling