These links will take you to websites that can provide you with further reading and resources to learn more about issues relating to mental health, counseling, relationships, marriage, and spiritual issues.
Keep looking for updates since this section is still growing!
Imago Relationships International
Headquarters of all things related to Imago Relationship Therapy. You’ll find more information here about this groundbreaking approach to couples counseling and how it has affected thousands of couples worldwide. Hear from the founders of the approach, read articles about relationships, browse the Imago store, and sign up for a monthly e-newsletter to keep your relationship in shape.
Transformational Acupuncture is an acupuncture and wellness counseling practice in Dupont Circle, downtown Washington DC. Jeremy Riesenfeld, M.Ac., L.Ac., helps clients transform emotional and physical health issues, naturally, using a unique 8-step system of acupuncture and Chinese medicine. Over time, Jeremy has found that acupuncture can be a useful adjunct treatment for patients in psychotherapy. Find out more about “The 8 Branches of Chinese Medicine” and his practice at www.DC-Acupuncture.com.
The Wendt Center for Loss and Healing is a premier resource for addressing grief in adults and children, providing mental health services, training, and education to ease the impact of illness, loss, and bereavement. Support groups are proven to be a particularly effective means to deal with grief following a loss, and the Wendt Center regularly offers groups for adults, teens, and children.
Alcoholism is recognized as a major health problem. In the U.S., it is the third greatest killer, after heart disease and cancer — and it does not damage alcoholics alone. Most popularly known for its “twelve-step” approach, Alcoholics Anonymous has helped millions of people on their journey toward sobriety. Using a peer-led support group model, A.A. offers the hope of recovery through personal sharing of experiences and information about the medical illness of alcoholism. “Open meetings” are usually where people interested in A.A. will attend, and where members bring family and friends to hear others talk about their experiences. “Closed meetings” are discussion groups for alcoholics only where members can address their personal issues. Attending is easy and free.
Anger takes many forms and can have serious negative effects on our health and relationships if unaddressed for a significant period. Dr. Steven Stosny is a leading expert on anger and works in the Washington, DC area. His effective approach to conceptualizing anger issues is called CompassionPower. Learn about what is most misunderstood about anger and find resources to address anger issues in relationships and every day life.
Depression occurs in about 1 in 10 people and is highly treatable. Unfortunately, most people with depression do not seek the professional help they need — often because they don’t know the symptoms, think depression will go away on its own, or are embarrassed to talk about how they’re feeling. Sponsored by the National Mental Health Association, this website gives a basic overview of what depression looks like, its causes, and treatments. It contains a depression questionnaire that takes two minutes to complete and has links to other helpful depression resources.
Connection Parenting – This website contains excellent information about parenting skills. Pam Leo has written about a way of parenting that allows you to remain emotionally connected with your children in a relationship of love instead of fear.
Other Counseling Websites
Find many resources and opportunities for free
- Bethesda MD Counseling
- Bethesda Counseling
- Bethesda MD Depression Psychotherapy
- Bethesda MD Premarital Counseling
- Bethesda MD Anger Management
- Bethesda MD Addiction Help
- Bethesda MD Grief
- Bethesda Grief
- Pain Management Using Mind-Body Bethesda
- Bethesda Counselling
- Bethesda Mental Health Counseling
- Bethesda Mental Health Centers
- Finding a Therapist Bethesda
- Washington DC Counseling
- Washington DC Couples Counseling
- Washington DC Depression Psychotherapy
- Washington DC Weekend Counseling
- Chevy Chase MD Counseling
- Potomac MD Counseling
- Finding a therapist Silver Spring
- Silver Spring MD Counseling
- Silver Spring MD Psychotherapy
- Silver Spring MD Marriage Counseling
- Rockville Counseling
- Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Finding a Therapist Gaithersburg
- Finding a Therapist Chevy Chase
- Finding a Therapist Rockville
- Finding a Therapist Wheaton
- Finding a Therapist Washington DC
- Silver Spring Marriage Counseling
- Washington DC WISC-IV
- DC Psychological Tests
- LD Washington DC
- DC Psychological Services
- Washington DC Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- DC Marriage & Family Counseling
- DC Marriage and Family Therapy
- DC Transgender Counseling
- DC Psychotherapy
- DC Family Therapist
- DC Family Counselor
- Washington DC Couples Therapy
- Bulimia Treatment DC
- Black Psychotherapy
- Black Couples Counseling
- African American Therapist
- African American Marriage Counseling